The Saturday before the storm (mid-February, mind you) this is what we find outside. All four kids had taken their blankets outside and made a fort, within their fort. They were out there for hours, just hanging out and having a great time. 2 things I might interject here....Ok, so they are so conscious to remember to take off their shoes to enter their "outside house" - (can you see their shoes on the steps going up) but oddly, they can't remember to do that in their "real house" --- go figure. Then the funniest thing, Megan and Austin both came in after all these hours of being out there and said, "You know Mom, it was really fun hanging out there and not fighting, I think that is the longest we have ever gone without arguing, and you're right - it was better." Ok, so have I not said that a million times every day - but it was nice to have them realize it - Mom and Dad ARE always right!! Sadly, that time of bliss quickly ended about 5 mintues later when they couldn't decide whose idea it was for the fort. All good things must come to an end, I guess.
But, that has been our winter, barely cold enough for coats, and mild enough to be outside all day with your shoes off.








2 comments:
So great when they realize that we are not just saying things that aren't important! Looks like fun up in the fort!
That is so funny! I love their shoes on the steps. so cute. Your kids are the greatest!
Post a Comment