The Barney Kids --- 2009

Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh Janet how we love thee...

Or loved thee....
I love Janet Jackson - always have. But now, she has been demoted from love to like. I can only say that I like her, not love her, because, frankly, I'm disappointed in her. Don't get me wrong, I am totally keeping her songs on my ipod, and I LOVED her concert (Rachel and I went last Friday) super fun... she puts on an awesome show, except for those 5 straight minutes when you have to close and cover your eyes, feel sorry for the fella on stage, and be totally embarrassed that you were there!!! ACK!! Won't go into anymore detail than that... sorry! But, that is why I am disappointed in her for adding that completely unneccesary part of the show -- but other than that, it was awesome and so much fun!!! (Thanks Rachel!!)
I also realized that I love the 80's and 90's Janet...the new one is a little too skanky I must say...ewwww
It was crazy, I think we counted 8 costume changes!! Her dancers were ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS and it was just overall awesome!! (except for those 5 minutes of course!)


3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh no. So sorry for that. At least you had a good buddy there with you!

jenafeldman said...

Looks like so much fun!

Lynita said...

I saw Janet in the 90's and she totally kicked trash! She was amazing, and I am so shocked at how she kept up perfectly with her dancers while singing. Of course there was none of that extra stuff, but Usher opened for her and he was well, not exactly moral!