The Barney Kids --- 2009

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Deep Sea Fishing...

This was the first time Austin had been deep sea fishing. They were out on the water ALL day and had such a great time! As they were going up the coast line, some of the boys were getting worried that they were going further and further out in to open water - but it was all good. They caught about 50 fish - and Austin caught 5. When Allen and Austin came home, they SMELLED SO BAD!!! I was up in the kitchen when they opened the garage door to the house, and I could smell them from there! I made them leave their shoes and socks in the garage, and head straight for the basement to put their clothes in the washing machine (I let them choose either the garbage or the washer because, yes, it was that bad!) Their clothes went through the wash 3 times before I could open the lid of the washer and not pass out! They put the fish in the freezer and I put a veto on that idea immediately because I'm sure the missionaries would love to have it! (And I didn't want it in my freezer) With all that said and done, their clothes are clean, the fish are gone, and now they have the memories. And, I am ok with that!
They had a great time - thanks Mark & Allen - you guys are awesome ScoutMasters!!

3 comments:

Lynita said...

I have been deep sea fishing and it is a lot of fun. But I am with you, I don't want that smell in my house! I gave all the fish I caught away, before my dad could tell me otherwise! Ryan's siblings and cousins worked in the canneries one summer up in Alaska and he remembers how bad the smell was, and that was YEARS ago! LOL! What a fun scouting activity for everyone.

jenafeldman said...

brave, smelly souls!

Amanda Neilson said...

That looks so fun! What a great idea!