The Barney Kids --- 2009

Monday, April 7, 2008

Basketball, Basketball, Basketball...

And more basketball...

We have been watching it, playing it, and talking about it constantly for over a month.


Austin working on his jumpshot...


The boys...

The boys have LOVED LOVED LOVED it....especially since it involves Austin new hero, Mark Pope. Mark is the scoutmaster in the other ward (we used to be one troop - but now that we have a great scoutmaster in our ward (good job babe!) - who got our boys their own troop - we do our own thing some of the time, and combine most the time) - well, Mark is a total celebrity to these boys. Besides the fact that he is like 7 feet tall - and has huge feet (doesn't every boy dream of being super tall and have big feet???) But, he played basketball for big name college and even pro-ball for a while...wow - talk about having the coolest scoutmaster around!!! Now, Austin can say he has the 2 coolest scoutmasters around - Mark Pope and his Dad....lucky kid.

Anyway, the scouts decided to put on a basketball tournament for the stake. It was awesome!! The guys had fun - and so did the boys - it was a complete success!! So, here are some pictures of our "guys team" - our ward ended up with 2 teams - blue and red. Between the semifinal game and the final game, the two scout troops played each other - they had a blast - it was a lot of fun, for everyone!


(I love that his jersey's were dresses for most of the boys!)


Getting tips from their pro, I mean leader!!



The stinky sweaty red team that came in 2nd place! Good job guys, they were even short-handed!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is so cool!!! Wow I miss you guys! What a great idea and so much fun!!! I would have loved to watch that!
How many teams were there? Was this just for the scouts? love it -spledid idea. by the way Justin and I are in scouts and we are totally lost ;)

NY Barney Family said...

it was so cool! it was for the men in stake...the boys played in between the semi and final game - there were like 8 teams I think?? It was great! We would (of course) loved to have you here - we miss you guys too!!

Chrissy said...

Austin looks so cute in Mark's huge jersey. How fun for them!

Laura B. said...

That is so much fun! I love the jerseys!
I probably shouldn't let Ben read this...it might reduce him to tears!

We miss you guys!