The Barney Kids --- 2009

Friday, January 4, 2008

Favorite Friday Quote

Let Children Know of Your Trust in the Lord
---------------------------------------------------

"Be there for your children. Sit on the bed and enjoy the late-night talks--try to stay awake! Pray for the Lord to inspire you. Forgive often. Choose your battles. Testify frequently of Jesus Christ and His goodness and of the Restoration. And most of all, let them know of your trust in the Lord."

Bonnie D. Parkin, "Sweet Moments," Ensign, Nov. 2005

3 comments:

Tonii said...

Becky, what a great quote! I love the part where it talks about late night chats, we are going through that with Skylar right now. She will say absolutely anything to keep me in her room, and it was starting to get a little frustrating, but last night I got the strong impression that there was nothing more powerful I could do for my daughter than listen to her, and let her know she is the most important thing to me. Thanks for a quote to back that up!! Love and miss ya!

Camille said...

so so true! I remember always staying up late with my mom just talking! I think that is why we are still so close today! I hope that i can do that with my kids! It is so important to let them know that they can tell us anything! And that we are their friends! love you Becky! I want to have a late night chat with you :)

Laura B. said...

I love this quote!