I know he is really smart, but it wasn't his wisdom teeth --- yet.
Cameron had been having some major tooth pain (thanks to our previous dentist who didn't get enough cavity out the first go around, Denise, you know all about that one, right?!?!) and so we thought he was going to need to have a baby root canal done. No biggie - he has had a couple already - but, when we got there, our Dentist (who is absolutely the best) referred us immediately to an Oral Surgeon! So, what was supposed to be just a minor partail baby root canal with our dentist, ended up being surgery!! He was all swollen because he had gotten an infection, and then an abscess. What craziness!! So, he had to have his molar pulled and we go in next week to have the spacer put in - to keep the space for his next molar and eventually his perm tooth. (sigh) When we brought the tooth home, Austin's first reaction was - WOW, that is huge, what are you T-Rex??!! Cameron was a superstar through the whole procedure - the surgeon wanted to start with just giving him a local (after he called our dentist and asked about how good he was in the chair) since he has a history of being the "model patient" in the chair. I was a little freaked out - but he did fabulous!! He just sat there and let them do their thing - it was funny because when they were about done, Cameron asked, "are you done yet??" - in the way of - "com' on, you have been workin' forever!" Which gave the doc a laugh - it was great.
The funny part of this whole thing - our new dentist (love him) is great. He is really young - and wears his hair all crazy spikey. The other day when we were getting ready to go to the dentist, Cameron said, "Mom, I want to wear my hair all spikey like Dr. Shikery because he is so nice and I want to be like him." So, what is the moral to that story??? When your dentist has an impact on your child, you know you are there WAY too often!! (well we have been on the 2x's per week plan since about November - ouchie on the budget!!)
So, the kids are all done - until June - so, brush brush brush - and hopefully we won't have another wave like this again! (especially for poor Cameron!)








5 comments:
That reminds me I really need to take my kids in to the dentist. Is your dentist good with kids?
Ouch, so sorry that Cameron had to go through all of that! I am not surprised he was so good, he is a great kid!
Whoops! how'd I do that!? I deleted my comment! I said:....Poor guy. Good thing he enjoys it, that could have been one traumatic experience!
Oh the woes of bad teeth! We've been there. What a trooper. He's such a cutie!
Post a Comment