(Austin's birthday - Feb 20) Bad Mom for at least not posting on his special day!
I can't believe you are 14...crazy. It makes me so happy to see the wonderful young man you are, but sad that these years are just flying by so quickly...
Here are 14 reasons why I love you Austin...yes this will be a long list! :)
1. You are hilarious – you are so witty and just plain funny. You love to make people laugh and is really good at it! (Sometimes in and/or at inappropriate times or places - but, oh well, you are a teenager)
2. You are really, really smart - do really well in school - when you want too. You get good grades and even have a good relationship with your teachers and principal. You are friends with everyone!
3. You are very helpful - again, when you want to be! I know that I can ask you to do something (even if it is more than once) and it will get done - really well. You have been a super star with helping around the house and with the boys now that I have been working.
4. You are very responsible - again....when you want to be! I can TOTALLY count on you to step up and take charge in a responsible way.
5. You are planet friendly...recycles, loves animals...you get the idea! You know so much about our planet, and the animals on it.
6. You are so fun to have around. You really are one of my favorite people to have around...
6. You are so fun to have around. You really are one of my favorite people to have around...
7. You will do anything to help others. You are almost too good at this. You are always offering to do whatever is needed, at whoever's expense (meaning, if food is needed, you are offering to have me make it, or if moving help is needed, you always offer not only yourself but Dad, or if rides are needed anywhere, our van is always offered) You love to help, and it doesn't matter who, where or why. I love that about you. True service.
8. You have a strong testimony and enjoy going to church. I absolutely love this about you, Austin. You really do have a strong testimony. It shows by the way you are at church, magnifying your calling, and knowledge of the scriptures and the gospel. You love to go on Temple trips, Youth Conference, Scout Camp, and the weekly scouts/YM activities-and sharing the gospel with your friends when the opportunity arises.
9. You are a rule enforcer...but not so strict on yourself :) You are really good at making sure everyone around you is obeying the rules of wherever they are. YM, Church, home, school...but, not so much the enforcer on yourself... :)
10. Even though you pick on them, you are a fabulous big brother. You sometimes go a bit overboard with the "picking on" or the teasing, but when it comes to your siblings, you are the only one that can do it. You are very protective of them.
11. You really enjoys Scouts - and almost have your Eagle! You go every week, and work on things individually as well. You love to go camping, to scout camp and everything else they do in Scouts. You are working on your last couple things before Eagle Project – and you are actually really excited!
12. You love to hang with the family (yeah!). I love that you still love to hang out with us. I love that you enjoy being around us and not embarrassed! We love hanging out with you too!
13. I love that you keep your room tidy - and messy. I actually love that you aren’t a neat freak, nor a total slob, that you are right in the middle. I love that.
14. I love that you enjoy playing a variety of sports, and do them all well. I love that you let your little brothers play with you and your friends and don't get frustrated, most of the time!
Since I can only have 14 things listed, and I thought of more, here they are (because this post isn't quite long enough :) you are flexible and spontaneous, which is a very good thing. You are a good friend, and a fierce believer in choosing your friends wisely. And, you stick up for your friends regardless of the consequences.
Basically, we love everything about you. Even though times can be hard, frustrating, and going through this phase of life you are in (teenage boy - enough said) You are awesome - and we love you! I hope that when you are going through those tough times, you can look at this list and remember that no matter what is going on, you are loved by us - forever - no matter what!! Our family would not be the same without you and we are so grateful that you are part of it - WE LOVE YOU!
HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!
HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!








0 comments:
Post a Comment