Austin is in 8th grade now...yikes!! That means that next year he is in High School - double yikes!! How can I be old enough to have a kid in High School next year?!?!?!? He likes his classes and teachers.
Megan is in 6th grade - Middle School now...again, yikes!!! She was really nervous but had a great day. She loves her classes and teachers as well.
Spencer is in 3rd grade - loves it - misses Ms. Gullotta from 2nd grade but he has a great teacher and will like her just as much!
Ok, so do you want to hear a funny story??
At the end of each school year, there is always alot of switching around of the teachers. There is at least 1 teacher from each grade that moves somewhere else in the school. One of the teachers that switched was Mrs. DeLaura - she switched from Special Ed to a regular 1st grade teacher. Well, Cam ran for the mailbox every day for 2 weeks before they got their new class/teacher assignments for the new year - they were so excited!! Anyway, when Cam opened his, he started to cry! I was like, Cam, what's wrong, he said "I must have done really bad in Kindergarten, and now I have learning problems because they put me in special ed!!" I looked at the list, and sure enough, his teacher was Mrs. DeLaura, the old special ed teacher!! Needless to say, I had a little explaining to do - he was fine after I explained it - but it was super funny - and another glimpse into the mind of a 6 year old!! Now, he is super happy to be in her class - he loves her already!








5 comments:
That is a great story, one that you will enjoy forever! I am glad all of your kiddos had a good first day. I just love all the school supplies!
I loved them until I had to buy them - for 4 kids - had to practically take out a 2nd mortgage!
So cute!! I am just trying to figure out how you are 25 and have an 8th grader! ;)
That story is priceless! Your kids look so cute all ready for school!
Oh my gosh!! They all look so big already! especially Spencer, I think his face has changed since we saw him last!! that is so crazy how fast they grow. I mean look at my little Eli! where the heck did my baby go?? poor Cam & his special Ed. scare! That is too funny though. Kind of reminds me when I was his age my mom bought me shiny ballet tights instead of the norm matte ones, And while we were stretching, I started crying hysterically cause for some reason I thought my legs were shrinking!
Post a Comment