I was totally freaking out last night....
So, while I was sick, I decided to re-read my most favorite book series --- yes you guessed correctly, Twilight - I am getting butterflies just thinking about it - just kidding... Whooo.... :)
ANYWAY ---
So, in bed for a couple days - and I got through 1, 2 and half of 3 -- I (of course) couldn't stop there, and had to finish 3, right?!?!? When I finished, I went down to put 3 back and grab 4, of course I had to finish the whole series! That would be like getting to the SuperBowl and bow out at half time!! Well, I went down to my bookcase where I proudly display all 4 books, and Breaking Dawn was missing....WHAT?!?!??!?!!??!?! So, I started to panic...thinking, have I lent it out? have I put it somewhere? what, what, what??? I asked the kids - nope. Asked the hubby - nope. And nobody would help me look!!!
Bribery. I'm terrible.
So, I said, "I would hate to not find it tonight and have to buy a new one tomorrow" - well, my plan worked, that got my hubby looking. I'm terrible.
I told the kids that a huge reward would be in full force for anyone who found it. Then I heard it. Spenc said "not interested" WHAT - bribery always works with him. Then I realized it. I am a bad mom. addicted. at least with dr pepper I can walk around, do my things, talk. But, Twilight - on the couch, nose in book. All 1500 pages or so. I'm terrible. So, I promised that they wouldn't even know I was reading this time - they obviously remember the last time I read those addicting pages. 800 or so pages - less than 48 hours. Whoa.
About 30 minutes of frantic looking (and a little guilt) --- Allen found it!! Then I heard it - another pang of guilt. Cam & Spenc - almost in unison - "how did you find it??" What??? They had HID it from me?!?!?! Can you say bad mom - So, needless to say that was a HUGE wake up call for me. No more reading when they are home. That is ok - as of right now - I am home during the day with no kids!! (That is why I am half way done) So, if you don't see or hear from me after tomorrow for a while, it is because I am spending all those hours with no kids, catching up on the things that didn't get done during those 5 days of reading....the sacrifices. I'm terrible.
Happy reading....
Yum....









4 comments:
You crack me up! I'm like that, too, when I'm reading. I was reading a good book on Sunday afternoon and Dallas kept saying "That must be a pretty good book." Meaning, get your face out of it and play Monopoly with me lady! :)
You are so funny. I am the same way. I read Harry Potter 1-5 in 5 days. I just HAD to finish before we went to see the movie!
I personally don't think that actor does Edward justice. But that's just me...
Denise, I don't think so either - but I have gotten used to him (them) - and when I read the books last, those people were in my head...I must say, I do have my own personal Edward - delish....
Post a Comment